Darby Friends Schoolmasters House
This 2 story stone structure was on the site when Darby Friends Meeting purchased the land
in 1786. The new Meetinghouse was built behind it in 1805. Originally built for a tenant
farmer, 1019 Main became the schoolmasters house. The girls school (Willow Hall) was built
to the west of the building and the boys school (Buttonwood Hall) was located near the old
meetinghouse, below the Burial Ground hill at 12th and Main.
Information from Historic Sites Survey of Darby Borough, May
1989 by the Delaware County Planning Department